blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Work It Wednesday No.12

May 16, 2012

Work It Wednesday No.12

Happy Wednesday everyone! Little secret about today's look - I didn't actually end up wearing it to work! I planned on it but after washing and drying this skirt a few times it's a little too short in my opinion to be work-appropriate. So sadly I threw on trousers after coming to this realization, but I figured just for the blog I'd share my original outfit because I really do like it more, if only my skirt were 2 inches longer (that's what I get for throwing it in the dryer so many times). On the hunt for a new black pencil skirt! Suggestions?
Top, Forever 21
Skirt, Wet Seal
Pumps, Zara

Thanks so much to those of you who linked up last week, your looks were fabulous! So who worked it best? 



Even in the thumbnail I was immediately drawn to the proportions in her outfit - perfect! The shape and wash of her jeans are perfect for business casual or dress down day at work. The flowy red top adds a pop of color and hits at her hips in just the right spot! And her fitted white blazer is too chic! 

Link up with us this week so we can see what you wear to work! Make sure to include the link back to this post so your readers can see everyone's look! Thanks so much for participating! 

19 comments:

  1. love the look! that top is such a gorgeous colour. I hate it when my clothes shrink over time too I should listen to my mother when she tells me to hang them to dry lol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That color looks gorgeous on you, love the whole look!
    Visiting via Rolled up pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely LOVE this look, and even though it may be a little short for work, it would still be perfect for a night out at the weekend :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spy a few things that need to hop into my closet! New to your blog by way of the WIWW linkup and glad to have found your stylish spot on the web!

    Chandra
    astylishlittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE that outfit. you look gorgeous! i wish i could rock those skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting. And for some reason, I'm not not able to linkup, even though I have your link on my post. Anyway, I'll share it with you here: http://www.natashafatah.com/2012/05/tied-up.html

    xoxo
    ~Natasha Fatah~
    ~Natasha Fatah~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this top! :) So cute :) and I love Phasion Diet's outfit! Looks like there is lots of great inspiration today!

    xoxo,
    Rachel
    www.rachelslookbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your outfit! You look fabulous dear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look incredible! I buy womens clothes at thrift stores, that have shrunk, for my 12 year .... great quality! pippa
    www.shopwithpippa.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i loveee this look!! i have seen where you can lengthen a skirt by adding a layer of lace? idk if that's your style, but i think it could be really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! I wish I could pull off that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linked!! I love this series!! All of the ladies look great!

    http://ticka-spoonfullofsugar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. That shade of red is so gorgeous on you - you wear it so well!

    The doll on fashion

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just found your blog and I think it is amazing.I am following you now,under name Lilie Marlen,but I don't use any photos so I will be last one on your follower list.I will be honored if you come visit my blog and follow it if you like it Have a nice day
    http://liliemarlen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1. I loooove your blouse!
    2. I need to get on your workout plan!
    3. Your hair always looks so full,healthy, and shiny!

    HUGS!!
    Eboni

    ReplyDelete
  16. That top is adorable! Gonna have to go find it at F21 :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE your outfit, you look so cute in that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The skirt looks marvelous on you. You would literally knock 'em dead at work!

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere